Updated Friday, September 29th
Welcome to our weekly rundown of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. right now. At MNI, as well as providing comprehensive profiles of 460,000 industrial businesses in the U.S., we also keep track of what equipment, parts, services millions of industrial buyers are searching for across 11,000 distinct product and service categories on our industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
Wondering what are some high-demand industries right now? Below is a list of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. this week, based on total number of searches on MNI’s industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
1. Roofing: Led by metal roofing and metal retrofit roofing.
2. Food Products: Led by frozen food products and canned food products
3. Pipe: Led by stainless steel pipe, steel pipe, and plastic pipe
4. Contractors: Led by general contractors and building contractors.
5. Steel: Led by recycled steel and galvanized steel.
6. Signs: Led by electric signs, electronic signs, and neon signs
7. Glass: Led by automotive glass and tempered glass.
8. Printing: Offset printing, label printing, and digital offset printing
9. Lumber: Led by hardwood lumber.
10. Engineers: Led by electrical engineers, industrial engineers, and consulting engineers.
Below is a rundown of the industrial products and services that showed an increase in searches week-over-week:
• Signs (364%): Signs were in greater demand, with searches in that category rising 364% this week. Searches were led by electric signs, electronic signs, and neon signs.
• Labels (313%): Buyers were searching for more labels this week, with that category's searches up 313%. Searches were overwhelmingly led by paper labels.
• Displays (160%): Displays were in greater demand, with searches in that category up 160%. These included searches for portable displays, corrugated displays, and trade show displays.
• Fencing (155%): Searches for fencing rose by 155%. These included searches for aluminum fencing, cable fencing, and animal fencing.
• Doors (147%): Buyers were searching for more doors this week, with that category's searches up 147%, led by searches for overhead doors and wooden doors.
• Bearings (136%): Buyers were looking for more bearings this week, with that category up 136%.
• Agricultural Equipment (120%): Searches for agricultural equipment rose 120% this week.
• Cranes (116%): Companies were searching for more cranes this week, with that category's searches up 116%. These included searches for gantry cranes, mobile cranes, and truck & trailer cranes.
• Pipe (101%): Buyers were looking for more pipe this week, with related searches up 101%. Searches were led by stainless steel pipe, steel pipe, and plastic pipe.
• Pumps (85%): Searches for pumps rose 85% this week, led by searches for submersible pumps, industrial pumps, and agricultural pumps.
• Paint (83%): Searches for paint rose 83% this week, led by searches for automotive paint, water-based paint, and industrial paint.
• Plating (75%): Searches for plating rose 75% this week, led largely by black chrome plating, chrome plating, and thin dense chrome plating.
• Boxes (74%): Searches for boxes rose 74% this week, led by recycled boxes and paper folding boxes.
• Gaskets (70%): Searches for gaskets climbed 70% this week, led primarily by searches for rubber gaskets.
• Building Materials (67%): Building materials were in greater demand, with searches in that category rising 67% this week.
• Printing (59%): Buyers were looking for more printing this week, with that category up 59%. Offset printing, label printing, and digital offset printing were the most sought after.
• Coatings (57%): Buyers were searching for more coatings this week, with that category's searches up 57%. Electrostatic coatings, corrosion-resistant coatings, and custom coatings were the most sought after.
• Hydraulic Equipment (56%): Searches for hydraulic equipment rose 56% this week.
• Plastics (49%): Buyers were searching for more plastics this week, with that category's searches up 49%. Reaction injection molded plastics, molded plastics, and vacuum formed plastics were the most popular.
• Injection Molding (43%): Searches for injection molding rose 43% this week, led by searches for medical injection molding, two-shot injection molding, and custom injection molding.
• Welding (45%): Buyers were searching for more welding services this week, with that category's searches up 45%, led by searches for portable spot welding and portable welding.
With so many companies looking for products and services like yours, now is the time to explore new markets and forge connections in the industrial world.
Whether you’re selling packaging services, marketing for a machinery company, helping manufacturers with their staffing needs or simply looking to expand into new markets, IndustrySelect is the most effective way to reach decision makers in the manufacturing world.
Powered by MNI’s hand-verified industrial information, IndustrySelect provides instant access to 460,000 industrial business profiles, including one million executives to help you identify the best leads for your campaign.
Are you an industrial company looking to stand out among millions of industrial buyers in search of your products or services? IndustryNet provides a direct path for companies to increase their visibility. Learn more about our marketing solutions.
Or, are you on the hunt for industrial supplies? Search, sort, and quote for free among 400,000 U.S. manufacturing companies on IndustryNet.
Check back for our next Intent Data Friday.
Editor's note: This article is updated with new statistics weekly.
Want more info like this? IndustrySelect's exclusive intent data shows you where you should focus your efforts to maximize sales, so you can do more with less. All at no additional cost to our users. Learn more.