Updated Friday, March 17th
Welcome to our weekly rundown of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. right now. At MNI, as well as providing quality industrial sales leads among 460,000 industrial business in the U.S., we also keep track of what equipment, parts, services millions of industrial buyers are searching for across 11,000 distinct product and service categories on our industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
For the week measured March 9th through March 15th, searches for parts, products and services on IndustryNet totaled 178,470.
Below is a list of the most in-demand industrial products and services in the U.S. this week, based on total number of searches on MNI’s industrial marketplace IndustryNet.
1. Chemicals: 15,109 searches
2. Food Products: 10,277 searches
3. Lumber: 8,678 searches
4. Steel: 5,370 searches
5. Packaging: 3,739 searches
6. Glass: 3,246 searches
7. Pumps:: 2,534 searches
8. Pipe: 2,402 searches
9. Valves: 2,310 searches
10. Plastics: 2,109 searches
Below is a rundown of the industrial products and services that showed an increase in searches week-over-week
• Displays (369%) Interest in displays shot up 369% this week, led by searches for electronic displays, point of purchase displays, and trade show displays
• Die Castings (188%): Searches for die castings trended up 188% this week. These included searches for aluminum gravity die castings, aluminum die castings, and brass die castings.
• Packaging (186%): Buyers were on the hunt for more packaging this week, with that category up 186%. Buyers were most interested in industrial packaging, die cut packaging, and chemical packaging.
• Adhesives (152%): Buyers were on the hunt for more adhesives this week, with that category up 152%. Buyers were most interested in packaging adhesives, rubber adhesives, and epoxy adhesives.
• Bags (147%) Buyers were on the for more bags this week, with that category’s searches up 147%, led by searches for paper bags and plastics bags.
• Paper (114%): Paper was in greater demand for a second straight week, with searches in that category up 114% this week. Searches were led by transfer paper, water-resistant paper, and thermal coated paper.
• Electronic Components (97%) Interest in electronic components rose 97% this week.
• Chemicals (55%) Interest in chemicals climbed 55% this week. Pharmaceutical chemicals, specialty chemicals, and plating chemicals were the most sought after.
• Plastics (55%) Searches for plastics rose 55% this week, led by vacuum formed plastics, scrap plastics, and reaction injection molded plastics.
• Welding (21%): Buyers were looking for more welding this week, with that category up 21%, led by pipe & tube welding and ultrasonic welding.
• Windows (19%): Buyers were on the hunt for more windows this week, with related categories up 19%. Automotive windows, vinyl windows, and replacement windows were the most popular.
• Glass (16%): Buyers were on the hunt for more glass, with that category up 16%. Searches were led by searches for automotive glass, laminated glass, and flat glass.
With so many companies looking for products and services like yours, now is the time to explore new markets and forge connections in the industrial world.
Whether you’re selling packaging services, marketing for a machinery company, helping manufacturers with their staffing needs or simply looking to expand into new markets, IndustrySelect is the most effective way to reach decision makers in the manufacturing world.
Powered by MNI’s hand-verified industrial information, IndustrySelect provides instant access to 460,000 industrial business profiles, including one million executives to help you identify the best leads for your campaign.
Profiles include direct executive email addresses for hard-to-reach decision makers. Click here to try out a free demo.
Are you an industrial company looking to stand out among millions of industrial buyers in search of your products or services? IndustryNet provides a direct path for companies to increase their visibility. Learn more about our marketing solutions.
Or, are you on the hunt for industrial supplies? Search, sort, and quote for free among 400,000 U.S. manufacturing companies on IndustryNet.
Check back for our next Intent Data Friday, March 14th, or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Editor's note: This article is updated with new statistics weekly.
Want more info like this? IndustrySelect's exclusive intent data shows you where you should focus your efforts to maximize sales, so you can do more with less. All at no additional cost to our users. Learn more.