3 MIN. READ
Every day the news deluges you with more scandals about social media. Determining what media to use and how to use them can be a nightmare. Fortunately, you have an option that doesn't involve a daily bombardment of noise and angst. When selling to other businesses, you can readily reach out to current customers and prospects through b2b email marketing.
1. Email reaches its targets directly. Recipients don't have to go to a website or click on a link. The subject line can shout your message right from a prospect's inbox, inviting them to learn more.
2. Email gives you the most for your money. Just a day of social media advertising can cost you from $15 to $200. And if viewers scroll right past, you've blown the money. Email marketing can yield the highest returns on investment. The Direct Marketing Association reported that email outperforms other channels in garnering sales. While $1 spent on email will generate $39.40 in sales, the same $1 spent on social media would bring in only $12.90.
3. Email allows personalized content. This feature is particularly relevant for b2b marketing. You can divide your list according to specific preferences and needs. If a customer or prospect is interested in a particular line of products or type of equipment, you can send the precise data that will spur that interest. You can even craft a subject line that addresses a unique industry segment requirement.
4. Email increases your brand recognition. Do you sell a product with features superior to your competitor? By using email to associate these features with your brand, you'll have customers actively searching for your company's offering.
5. Email can help you upsell. You can contact customers and prospects to introduce products with additional features or capabilities. Reps may find email especially helpful in creating awareness of upgrades for software or electronics.
6. Email builds stronger customer relationships. You can send helpful tips and industry updates. Providing this value builds trust. When your customers plan a new purchase, they'll keep you in mind.
7. Emails establish your authority. Sending a constant flow of accurate marketplace data convinces your customers and prospects that your company has a firm grasp of industry trends. When they're ready to make a forward-looking acquisition, you'll be the one they call.
8. Emails build excitement. If you have a new product in the offing or expect a more economical supply source, emails will apprise your customers and prospects of what's on the way. You'll be more likely to receive an enthusiastic response when the event occurs.
9. Emails help you learn what works. When one subject line yields an appreciable number of responses but a similar one gives you nothing but crickets, you'll know which pitch can sell. Prospect replies requesting further information will also indicate what potential customers most want to know about your product.
10. Emails can increase website traffic. As emails help you improve your rapport with prospects, they'll be more likely to take the time to click on an embedded link.
Do you hate those ads that appear on a completely unrelated website? Those nuisances result from third-party cookies, little bits of code downloaded to your computer when you view something. Google doesn't like them either. They will sunset on its Chrome search engine in 2024. Many companies are looking toward email as a targeted marketing replacement.
Email will be employed for an increasing number of purposes, including:
● Using email addresses as identifiers. Social media already process email addresses to accomplish this.
● Increasing subscribers. For b2b, targeted subscriptions may include newsletters or eBooks that plug companies' products.
● Gathering more data. Emailed signups for samples or further information can provide names, positions and specific interests.
Many companies will need to purchase email lists and other services to meet the new demands for email usage. IndustrySelect can help.
An IndustrySelect subscription can help identify your best prospects by company location, industry and size. It will provide complete industry profiles, including, most importantly, email addresses. Do you want to clone your best customers by finding the best matches? An IndustrySelect subscription can make it happen. The premium version includes 499,028 direct email addresses for the executive decision-makers empowered to seal a deal. Compare versions here.
Do you need an emailing service to help you reach those movers and shakers? Sadly, most email service providers, such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp, won't allow you to import purchased email lists. Fortunately, IndustrySelect has your solution. Its partners, Mail20, SMTPget, Mailshake and Clickback, permit you to import the email lists of your vital contacts.
As the prospecting landscape evolves, IndustrySelect provides the tools you need to stay ahead of the pack. Try a free demo today and see how far you can go.
Want to learn more about email marketing? Check out this course from MNI University on email marketing by the experts at Mailshake: